Thursday, July 15, 2010

Getting hitched

The fiance has been bugging me for a while to update my blog and per request, I am obliging.

Notice how I used the word fiance? That's right, this girl is ENGAGED!


BAM!!!











That's me giving you the fist bump. So far this is the best picture I've been able to take of the ring, all other pictures just don't seem to do the sparkly-ness justice. And this is one sparkly ring!

This may seem very sudden and strange to many of you, but trust me it's in no way out of nowhere. And we are very happy.

I've decided that because a large majority of my free time is now spent perusing the web in search of wedding vendors and incessantly talking Justin's ear off about wedding plans, I will now utilize this blog as a wedding planning blog. A way to discuss ideas and share things as they come together, assuming they ever do.

Still haven't been able to pinpoint a date because every time we choose a date, something comes up and we must change it.

The last date we chose was August 6, 2011 but when I contacted the venue to book it, it was taken. So now we must re-work that. The problem is my fall semester will be beginning August 23 and we want to honeymoon immediately following the wedding, leaving us with only early August. Now I'm thinking we will probably do August 13th.

More details on the venue when it is officially booked. I hate to share plans that are nothing more than ideas in my head.

Also, girlfriends, don't think I've left you out of the wedding party simply because I have not asked you yet. The truth is, I hate to ask any of you before I have a date set. Because how can you tell me you're able to stand up with me when I can't even tell you what day it will be! SOON! I PROMISE!

Little tidbits I'd like to share:

Justin insists on wearing a bow tie which I think is utterly adorable.
I fell in love with Brooke and Pedro photography and wanted them soooooo badly but was told by my lovely fiance that we can not afford them because they are $3500. THEN I found Amanda Wilcher photography (amandawilcher.com) which I've managed to fall even more in love with.

She is $3600.

Whomp Whoooomp.

Justin hates taking pictures but I think the pictures are the most important part. I'm willing to skimp on almost everything else to have the photographer I'll be happy with. In 20 years I probably won't remember much about my wedding day. Lord knows I went to Italy 10 years ago and don't remember more than snippets of the trip. I want to have awesome pictures to look at. And I love the photojournalistic approach. I hate posed, cheesy photos.


I'm also in love with a dress!!!! Which I haven't tried on yet but it incorporates everything that i loved about the last dress I tried on and loved, plus more things that I was looking for. I'm convinced it's the one. The only bad part is I showed it to Justin online when I first saw it because I liked it so much and he was right there next to me. So by reflex I just turned the screen and said Honey do you like this???? Because I was so excited.

He said it was his favorite so far. (I've made him look at dresses online). But now if I get the dress, he will have already seen it. This is bad, right? But knowing him, he's already forgotten what it looks like.


More details to follow. I think I'll sign off for now.

Oh, by the way, do you love my new background? I wanted some sort of wedding theme, but pretty much all blogger had to offer on that front was a cake. No thanks.



2 comments:

Kea333 said...

Sooo happy for you sis! I never would have thought that you would be so typically girly about this wedding planning thing though. That surprises me! :-)

Unknown said...

I love this!