Thursday, September 27, 2007

I need a break

Because I need a break from packing and a break from thinking about anything serious at all.......I present to you:

32 THINGS YOU PROBABLY DON'T KNOW ABOUT LINDA (or perhaps do, depending on your relationship with me).






  1. I believe people who enjoy spicy food must be at least half-retarded.

  2. I adored the song "Three times a lady" as a child but thought the lyrics "You're once, twice, three times a lady" were actually "Once, twice, three times a day." I believed the man was telling someone that they were walking his dog three times a day, and now he wants a turn walking the dog. I believed this with all my heart and soul.

  3. At the age of 5, my Grandma Kiszka asked me what I wanted for Christmas and I replied "A stick of butter."

  4. As children my sister and I memorized the waltz between Captain Vontrapp and Maria from the Sound of Music and did it with the movie. (I was Maria because I always insisted on being the girl).

  5. I often get lost while driving, even when driving to familiar destinations.

  6. Once, in high school, i was supposed to meet my sister at our friends' house in Portage. i left lowell and started driving on 65. i realized i had been driving in the wrong direction for over an hour only after I ended up in Lafayette.

  7. I think Laverne and Shirley is the most irritating tv show, perhaps of all time.

  8. I Love Lucy automatically puts me in a good mood, guaranteed.

  9. I've believed pretty much my entire life that I was switched at birth because i do not resemble anyone in my family. As a child I was convinced my real family was royalty and I was actually a princess.

  10. I hate wearing socks.

  11. During our humanities trip to Italy in high school, I wore a blue trench coat. It always smelled like fish. Tina and I couldn't figure out why it smelled like fish, and we kept spraying it with perfume. While in our hotel rooms, we hung it outside the window so we couldn't smell it. At the end of the trip, we realized it smelled like fish because of the perfume we constantly sprayed on it. I miss that blue trench coat.

  12. I saw Titanic in the theater 14 times. I'm not ashamed. Kind of.

  13. In high school, one entire wall of my bedroom was dedicated to Nsync and more specifically Justin Timberlake. My wall was not visible at all. It was a giant collage of Nsync and JT. from floor to ceiling.

  14. On that same obsessive note, I sat in my bedroom for three straight days listening to the radio and calling into the radio station trying to win Nsync tickets. I hardly left my room. On the third day, I was caller number nine and actually won the tickets. My mom didn't believe me until she heard me on the air about 15 minutes later. I still have it on tape. And it's embarrassing.

  15. Julie and I have called Miss Cleo. Before she was forced out of business for being a fraud, of course.

  16. I once beat Super Marios Bros. five times in a row without dying once.

  17. I can beat boys at poker.

  18. My very first nightmare involved me, a giant glass jar full of spiders, and that jar breaking. I've never recovered.

  19. I wasn't allowed to watch the Smurfs growing up, but I had watched all the Jaws movies before the age of 8. Go figure.

  20. When I was a kid I made a fort in my closet and used to sit in it for hours, by myself. And when I say fort, I mean I sat on a blanket and taped pictures of my friends to the walls. I also had a flashlight. Also, I was pretty weird.

  21. The worst thing you can do is call me a baby. I hate not being allowed to be upset.

  22. I've always said I wanted wooden floors. Now I've had them. And I never want them again.

  23. Oprah is obnoxious, self-obsessed, and a follower.

  24. I prefer Tyra to Oprah, and Tyra is more obnoxious.

  25. The very first tape I ever bought was Janet Jackson, Rhythm Nation.

  26. I actually looked forward to coming home from school and watching Saved By the Bell reruns.

  27. I also religiously watched the Rosie O'Donnell show, before she was scary and angry at the world. (But I always knew she was a lesbian).

  28. Speaking of lesbians.....Jodie Foster. You'd have to tie me down to get me to watch any of her movies. (Except Candleshoe, of course. Can't say no to a childhood classic).

  29. I grew up without a dishwasher so my sister and I always did the dishes after dinner. Keri washed and I dried. We would argue about which job was more important. Keri said washing was more important because if she didn't wash the dishes, we would be eating off dirty plates and they would smell. I argued drying was more important because if I didnt dry the dishes, they would stay wet forever. It was pretty much the only defense for drying I could think of. And it didn't even make sense.

  30. I loved the ending to the movie Casper and found myself wishing I had a ghost boy of my own. Which is just weird.

  31. I believe the young adult novel The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle would make an outstanding movie. I want to know who I can make that suggestion to.

  32. I've never broken a bone and I'm pretty sure if I ever do, I'll cry like a huge baby. Not necessarily because of the pain, but because I'll no longer be able to say I've never broken a bone.

back to packing. grrrrr


No comments: