Monday, May 05, 2008

"I'm becoming....Brundlefly"

I'm going to be dramatic for a second here and complain about how sick I am. I'm not one to feel sorry for myself when a cold comes on, but this is beyond your ordinary cold. actually i went to the doctor today and she told me it's a sinus infection. im not sure what the real difference is, but I can tell you it involves a whole lot of coughing, a lot of mucus, and being partially deaf.

although the deafness i can contribute to flying around with said sinus infection. i should have learned my lesson a year ago when i royally messed up my eustachian tubes in my ears and was grounded from flying for over a month. i was deaf for a while. it was a mess. and now, here i am again. with blocked eustachian tubes. deaf. but i have some antibiotics as well as some nasal spray which will hopefully clear it all up before i leave for disneyworld at the end of the week! although the nasal spray completely creeps me out. there's just something about squirting something up my nose and voluntarily sniffing it. it doesnt bode well with me.

anywho. on this last trip i was unable to sleep in one of my hotel rooms because my cough was acting up. i decided to turn on the t.v. Opening credits to a movie flashed across the screen. Geena Davis. Jeff Goldblum. I knew immediately. I squealed like a 6 year old girl on Christmas morning.

THE FLY!!!!!!!!!! (1986)

Quite possibly the worst movie ever made therefore the best!!! The perfect combination of cheese, ridiculousness, horror, bad special effects, 1980's computers, baboons, and Jeff Goldblum's "acting". Now throw in the fact that he has to act like a man mutated with a fly and you've got solid entertainment.

Once you've turned on the Fly, you cant just turn it off. i was hooked. Brundlefly goodness ensued. and i was up til 5 a.m. finishing it...wishing emily was there to relish in the awesomeness. (we have a history with this movie).





imagine if you will two 10-year-old girls staying up all night to watch THAT. truly changed my life.





im now officially on vacation. i just wish i could like....breathe. that would be nice.

No comments: