Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Arkan-sassan

Reverting back to my old blog because it's a million times more reliable and less annoying. Plus it does this whole auto-save thing so when I've been writing for a solid 10 minutes and the computer decides to quit being a computer and just delete everything out of nowhere, I'm not left sitting here with my mouth agape, staring at the screen in disbelief for another solid 10 minutes. Because it's already saved.

I digress. I'm writing to you from Arkansas. Greetings. I'm officially an Arkan-sassan (Arkansas-ian? Arkans-an?.....I'm sticking with Arkansassan because it makes me sound sassy). Got the driver's license and plates to prove it. I'm also registered to vote in Arkansas, although i don't intend to be living here when the next presidential election comes around. Side note: the lady at the DMV asked while registering me if I wanted to register as Democrat or Republican. I chose the former, then decided with some certainty that I'm probably the only documented Democrat in the state of Arkansas.

So far, so good. I'm really enjoying the peace and quiet, the scenery, the sounds of nature, how easy it is to get from here to there. I'm running again which is great and it's especially great out here because it's hilly and pretty and the houses are beautiful and it's fun to look at while running. The day I got here, however, I came down with a horrible cold. My ears are both plugged up and I can't breathe through my nose, which makes running difficult. Also my eyes get watery when I'm outside. I'm having a difficult time ascertaining if this is a cold or allergies. I've never had allergies like this before, so I'm more inclined to believe it's a cold....but if it WERE a cold, you'd think I'd be feeling feverish or be coughing or something, right? I just want it to go away, whatever it is.

Idol finale tonight. I'm going to go ahead and let my nerd flag fly and let everyone know I voted like a 13 year old girl last night. And by that I mean I voted all 4 hours. Yes, I did. ONLY because the judges made it clear they want ADAM to win, and pretty much were pushing the American public to vote that way. Which ANGERS me. Kris is clearly the more talented and versatile singer. Go ahead and try to tell me you're going to buy Adam's record. You're not. No, you're not. You think you are NOW, but that's because Adam's up there singing cute little songs that you know and already love, in his cute little suit and ties and trench coats. You think his album is going to sound ANYTHING like that? I guarantee his album will FRIGHTEN you. You're not going to listen to his album.

So yes, i voted maniacally for Kris. Partly because he's more talented and partly because he's way hot. Also he's from Arkansas, and we Arkansassans have to stick together.

A few notes on last night's show:

Kara is catching a lot of flack for the poor excuse of a song that she co wrote for the finalists. In all fairness, I believe the producers pushed those writers to cheese it up. Think about it, every year the finale song is uber-cheesy and lame and always talks about overcoming obstacles and following your dreams. The writers HAD to follow a formula. Kara has written a lot of popular and good songs, I think if she had been given free rein, the song would have been good. But Idol digs it's cheese.

Paula was lucid.

Ryan went the whole season without falling down the stairs. there's always next year. actually, there's always TONIGHT.

Adam Lambert + long black trench coat= nightmares

Anthony Hopkins in the audience? Seriously? Was it just me or did it look like he's got one foot in the grave? Also, that's mean isn't it.


I heard a Beyonce song on the radio and I really dig it. I'm not sure why. Because I don't dig Beyonce. And she kind of wails like a Banshee throughout the entire song. But perhaps that's why I like it. The melody goes in directions you wouldn't expect. Plus you can't deny the passion with which she sings. I also enjoy the stomp-clapness of it. It's not a typical kind of song i would enjoy, but there's something about it that appeals to me. And so, yes, I like a Beyonce song.

I guess that's about it. Have an interview tomorrow morning. Starting school in August! The countdown til I have that degree and head back to Indiana is officially on!

No comments: