UGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH. I'm 26. How did this happen. Wasn't I 19 like.....two weeks ago? Someone tell me how to put the brakes on this whole aging thing. At least until I get my life together. Because I'm just feeling more pathetic now that I'm 26 and living like a 19 year old.
Speaking of being 19 just two weeks ago, I read through some of my old blog posts today (links to my blogs from 2002-2004 are found on the left side of the screen) and it really made me sad. Also embarrassed. Because I was so lame. Still am. But at least now I know I am, and back then I'm not sure I was aware.
But sad because I can distinctly remember everything I talked about. I had forgotten about all of it, but while reading it I was reminded and felt like I was back there, at USI, sitting at those dorm desks... typing on my 2000 sony desktop (which I still own)...probably skipping class...blogging when I should have been studying...working at Walmart with those super attractive blue smocks.
I'm really happy that I started doing this whole blogging thing. How lucky am I that I can go back seven years in time and read all these stupid little thoughts that I had? I never write about anything private or super personal, but it's still like a diary of sorts. And a lot of people don't have that. Because of this thing, I can recall in vivid detail a lot of experiences that I probably would have forgotten. So...thank you, 19 year old Linda. Thank you for being a nerd. Also, for being such a procrastinator you chose to blog rather than work on all those lit papers.
No comments:
Post a Comment