Thursday, July 02, 2009

FB and spiders

I'm getting more and more irritated with facebook lately. I guess not so much facebook, but the people on it. how some people feel the need to let everyone know what they're cooking for dinner or what they're child is doing at that exact moment. I mean...I guess it's good for you that you're in your mid-twenties and have kids which take up all of your personal time and you have no career and stay home with them all day and probably don't get along with your husband that you married directly out of high school and who was the only person you ever dated so you have no idea who else is really out there or who you even are, and will probably divorce in another 5 years, and have nothing else to do with your time but update your facebook status. really. great for you.

but i. don't. care. spare me, please.


that savors strongly of bitterness does it not?


onto something a little more reader-friendly and a little less reader-bashing:

so yesterday the "bug guy" came to our house because my mother is concerned with the spider population which is obviously living in our house. after hearing about the venomous spiders that live down here (brown recluse, black widow), she decided to have the bug guy come look at the spiders that were caught on our little glue traps around the house and to spray the baseboards.

well, turns out every spider on the glue traps was a brown recluse. (with the exception of one, which was even larger and scarier looking than a brown recluse but apparently harmless). And 4 brown recluses were found in MY BEDROOM.

UGHHHH. WHAT. the thought of it makes me want to projectile vomit. all i can imagine is these poinsonous spiders crawling all over me when i sleep. probably watching me sleep. because i'm sure spiders do that...with all of their 8 eyes. or 6 eyes. whatever. i know they have lots of eyes. gross.

so i immediately went on a rampage, removing everything from my room which seems like a hip spider hangout spot. i know brown recluses enjoy the confines of a cardboard box, so i unpacked all of my pictures and photo albums and personal artifacts and put them all into clear, airtight, stackable storage bins. i also took everything off the top shelf in my closet, all the while picturing hundreds of spiders falling onto me and crawling around my body. (Insert mental image of my very first nightmare I remember having. I was probably four. I see a jar of spiders sitting on the living room table and pick it up. it falls and breaks. The spiders crawl up my legs and eventually cover my entire body. I'm forever traumatized).

Anyways, while the bug guy was HERE, i walked around the house with him and talked to him while he was spraying and looking at the glue traps. Now...when he looked at a glue trap, he would fold it in half (while continously talking to me) and PUT IT IN HIS PANTS POCKET.

color me horrified. I tried very hard to not let my mouth fall open in shock as he continuously shoved about 10 of these spider-covered papers into his pocket as though he were pocketing cash. I mean, i know you're a bug guy and everything but...really? puke. do you ever go home and take off your pants and forget to empty the pockets before you give them to your wife to wash and then she reaches in to check your pockets and comes out with a fistful of poinsonous spiders? does that happen?? i bet it does.

1 comment:

Kea333 said...

Yep...the beginning was a bit harsh! Actually it was a lot harsh!!
The spiders thing completely terrifies me. I was just there and saw all those spiders on those sticky traps! Gross! And really scary!
Did the bug guy say that the spray would kill any that are living in the house?