Wednesday, July 29, 2009

SOC blogging

Stream of Consciousness blogging:


Conversation had with 75-year-old man patient:

Man- "You're a sweet thing. I bet you don't like it when us old folks hold onto you and grab you like this." (while grabbing my waist to pull himself up in bed).

Me- "I don't mind it at all. I guess if I minded I'd be looking for a different job."

Man- "Aren't you a pretty thing. Have you been in pictures?"

Me- "No sir."

Man- "Well you're pretty enough to be."

Me- "Aww well thank you that's very nice."

Man- "You can't be but 18 years old."

Me- "I'm 26."

Man- "NAWW!!! You wear it well."

Me- "Thank you."

Man- "You married?"

Me- "No sir."

Man- "Got yourself a boyfriend?"

Me- "No sir."

Man- "Well what the hell's wrong with ya? I was married when I was 22!"

Me- "I don't know."

Man- "Well shoot. Something's wrong there. Something's not right."

(silence)

Man- "You would get on really good with my grandson."

Me- "Oh yeah?"

Man- "Yeah....he's six. Very hard-headed."




oh. geez.


kind of irritated with USI right now. also, with myself. how is it possible that I never took intro to psych???? is that even possible? i never even noticed. i DID take psychology of adolescence for my educ. requirements but apparently that's not good enough to fulfill the psych credit for the nursing program. which means on top of anatomy and physiology I and II, biochem, and microbiology, i now have to take intro to psych. also, the lady doesn't think my chem 103 class taken at USI will fulfill the intro to chem requirement for ASU. so i may have to take that AGAIN. GAG.

in better news, i got a raise yesterday! hooray! (but still broke as a joke).

other excellent news: i was misinformed when told that I couldn't borrow Stafford loans again. I can. And I am. hollaaaa.

Also, I hate beefcake men. There's this physical therapist assistant working on my floor and he's just the most obnoxious beefcake in all the land. Frosted tips....biceps larger than a human head....fake tan (most likely spray)....gold chain...walks like robocop.

So gross. What's even worse is he walks around expecting women to faint at his feet. He's not even that good looking. At least, I don't think he is. It's hard to get a good look at his face with the orange-ish hue of his skin and the bling from his gold chains getting in the way. His whole presence is blinding.


Had a dream last night that I joined a sorority (uh puke) and was moving into the sorority house. I immediately regretted this decision when I discovered that in lieu of stairs, this building with ten floors was equipped with monkey bars.


Annoyed with facebook couples who use the walls of facebook to write lame, private messages to each other. If I wanted to read your love notes back and forth, I would break into your home and look through your shoe boxes. Do you own a phone? Better yet, do you see each other daily? Is he sitting right there beside you while you tell him how great he is via facebook's wall? I bet he is.

I'm so happy I'm not that attention-starved.

That's everything on my mind. Almost.

No comments: