Rest assured, wedding planning is coming along swimmingly. We are thrilled that my brother-in-law Erik will be our officiant. According to my handy dandy weddingwire checklist, my photographer, florist and DJ should all be booked by November. We are working on that. Deposits are so bothersome. I'm also going to start making appointments to try on dresses that I've found online next week. I have a dress picked out online that I absolutely lo-o-o-ove and hope it looks good on me. It's exactly what I wanted.
Soon our photographer will be booked and we can get our engagement session done. Then I'll be able to send out our save-the-dates which I've already created and are waiting patiently on my hard drive for me to attach a picture, print and send! I think they're adorable I can't wait to send them out.
I can't believe how quickly time is going by! We've already been engaged for 4 months (in two days). AND the big day is only 318 days away. In case you were wondering, that's 10 months, 2 weeks and 1 day.
318 seems like a lot of days, but when I think about when we got engaged and thinking that we had a looong time to wait because we knew we wouldn't be marrying until august, and that was OVER a year away. And now it's less than a year already. It goes so fast! Which makes me happy because I just want it to be here. If it were up to Justin, we'd already be married. I'm the one who wanted a big wedding, so I guess waiting is the price I have to pay for that.
The bridesmaid dress color is giving me a bit of a problem. I'm torn on the color. Ever since the beginning I've wanted cobalt blue bridesmaid dresses. Cobalt blue, in case you were wondering is like an electric, bright color, as modeled by Cate Blanchett below:

I saw pics of weddings with cobalt blue dresses and fell in love with the way the color popped, especially with the hot pink bouquets which I plan to make my girls carry. :-)
BUT- I'm having a hard time finding bridesmaid dresses that come in a cobalt blue color. Some dresses SAY they're cobalt blue, but it's not really this color.
Also, although it's a hot color, perhaps it's a little too out there for bridesmaid dresses. Too bright? So then I was thinking maybe more of a royal blue:

Something to that effect? I think it's a pretty color, but then again it just doesn't POP in pictures the way cobalt does.
Also, I think I'm the only person on this planet who thinks Cobalt looks cool. I think everyone I've shown that color to has given me a very lukewarm response. Justin says he likes it but then I contemplated changing the color to emerald green for like 10 minutes and he claimed to like that better. Then when I changed my mind back to blue he said he liked it. Something tells me he's just appeasing me.
No comments:
Post a Comment