Saturday, July 16, 2011

Getting Close! In DIY mode

I'm in full DIY mode as we are only 3 weeks away! Right now I'm working on table numbers and programs!

I'm just too proud of my DIY table numbers not to share!

I started with $1 wooden frames from The Dollar Tree (everything's a dollar!!)



and $1 wooden numbers from Michaels



bought some acrylic paint



painted the frames. the wood isn't porous so it took about 4-5 coats for each frame




painted the numbers



bought a yard of fabric from Joanne's fabric and traced around the glass from the frame so the fabric would wrap around the glass, then hot glued the fabric to the frame.







put the fabric/glass back in the frame





hot glued the number onto the frame. and voila!!






i only have 6 completed right now, so I have about 14 more to go. kind of fun though.

No comments: