I've moved. It's awesome and fantastic and I'm completely in love with our quaint little apartment. Also, it's walking distance to Wrigley Field, the lake, and nearly every store and restaurant you would want to walk to.
I officially have an Illinois license. Acquiring the thing was a whole story in itself- complete with the dreaded written test which was graded with a red pen by an 84 year old man who scoffed at my Indiana license and said, "I didn' know you folk o'er in Indiana was drivin! hahahhaha." To which I replied, "Just recently. But we still speak Hillbilly."
I officially have Illinois plates on my car. To which I have no emotional response whatsoever and no real opinion on the matter except that the Indiana plates were much prettier and I'd prefer to have a picture of a field on the back of my car as opposed to a picture of Abraham Lincoln,
arguably the ugliest man who ever lived.
On the other hand, the Illinois plate does have the color red in it. Which is no pink....but cuter than green nevertheless.
I still parallel park like a fool. I'm afraid there's no cure for this one.
Our landlord is Prince Humperdink. I would say he looks like Prince Humperdink, but that would be insinuating that they are different people. And I just refuse to believe that it's not the same person. Without a doubt, Prince Humperdink (The Princess Bride) moved to Chicago and became a dentist. It's the only possible explanation, clearly.
We did get a dish via dish network and so we have cable, but opted for the cheapest cable available. I'm ok with this because I hardly watch tv. except i do not have my TLC and therefore cannot watch jon and kate plus 8. travesty. i can, however, watch an unnatural amount of reruns of the Nickelodeon classic, GUTS. a total consolation.
what else. what else. went to disneyworld with the fam which was fantastic. disneyworld always makes me feel like a kid, i dont care how old i am.
speaking of old, i just had my birthday! which i'd prefer not to talk about because - hello- i'm old.
i'd also like to mention that people are constantly ringing our doorbell thinking it's for the dentist office below us. why you'd have to ring a doorbell to enter a dentist is beyond me. but it's gotten so annoying to go all the way downstairs only to discover no one is there. so i've taken to ignoring my doorbell. the point is: if you ever come to my house, whether im expecting you or not, ringing my doorbell is an ineffective way to get my attention.
anyways that's a quick summary. for now i leave you with a heartwarming picture of Prince Humperdink a.k.a my landlord, the dentist. One day I will sneak a picture of my lord of the land and i will do a side by side comparison. you will be fascinated, i promise you that. TTFN.
No comments:
Post a Comment