I had my psych final today.
My psych class is ridiculous, by the way. Still not sure why I even needed to take it. Everything we learned I still remember learning in high school. It's all pretty much common sense. Plus I had a psych class already in college. It just wasn't "Intro to Psych", so it didn't count. SO DUMB.
Anywho. My psych final was today. It was a block final so every intro to psych class at the university took it at the same place at the same time. Ya I don't get it either.
I sat next to a dude who I did not know and, as always, sat quietly and kept to myself until the start time arrived.
Just before handing out the tests, my (23-year-old) teacher said, "Oh and if you need a pencil, I have some up here."
I couldn't help but scoff at this statement. Because if I taught in a college class there's no WAY I would be providing my students with pencils. It's grown-up time now folks. If you can't remember to bring a freakin' PENCIL to a test, you should probably just stay home indefinitely and live off Easy Mac and watch reruns of Quantum Leap and live in your parents' basement.
I normally don't strike up conversations with strangers. (My mother can attest to this, especially. I don't particularly like small talk. And I don't understand the purpose in small talk with strangers whom you will never see again). But today for some reason, my inner annoyance with people who don't bring a pencil to a final got the best of me.
And so I said to the guy next to me:
"Who doesn't bring a pencil to a FINAL???"
To which he replied:
"Uh... me, actually. I had to borrow one from this guy." (nods toward the dude on the other side of him.)
Didn't really know what to say at this point. Do you just not say anything to this guy you don't know and basically just insulted for not bringing a writing utensil to a test? Or do you laugh? Or do you apologize for ridiculing?
I didn't know. And so I said:
"Really dude? Way to be prepared."
Linda at her anti-social best.
No comments:
Post a Comment