The top 24 has been revealed. I am excited about some and less than excited about some others. Come along with me now. Come on.
Didi Benami
Didi looks an awful lot like Janell Wheeler (another top 24 girl). She's unarguably cute and appears to be normal and not-annoying. Men will like her I'm sure. She kind of looks like Brooke White a la season 7 does she not?
Brooke White

I think she does. I hated Brooke White so hopefully she's not too much like her. Cannot remember hearing her sing although I'm positive they did show her singing at least a couple timees. Just didn't stand out for me. We shall see. Her name is pretty cool though. I would never in my right mind name my child DeeDee or any spelling variation of that name, but it sounds neat with her last name. Not sure how this has anything to do with anything. But really..Didi Benami. Neat.
Crystal Bowersox
Dude. This girl reminds me SO MUCH of a girl named Erin who I worked with at Hollywood Video in Evansville. Although Erin is skinny. But I think the resemblance is uncanny.
Erin
Right??? I hope Beth reads this because she knows Erin too and I bet she thinks the same thing.
Anyway, back to Crystal. She seems cool. She plays the guitar which is admirable and apparently the harmonica which isn't done much anymore and is pretty cool. She has a good voice although I'm not sure what kind of range she has and I'm worried that all of her renditions of songs will begin to sound the same. I'm also worried that her dread-lock-type hairstyle will begin to look dirty and I can't stand girls who choose to look dirty on purpose.
Lacey Brown
Oh good. The token purple-haired girl. And here I thought we could go one season without one. Don't know much about this girl except she was thisclose to making it last year but was rejected in favor of Megan Joy. This girl:
I don't think it bodes well for you if that girl was chosen OVER you. I don't have great expectations.
Also, how ridiculous was Megan Joy?? I bet you'd forgotten about her. Sorry I reminded you.
Michelle Delamor
Who? Don't remember a thing about her. Next.
Lee Dewayze
Don't know much about him either. Except he plays the guitar. 5 points for the patchy beard guy.
Katelyn Epperly
She'll probably be a male favorite. So I'll have no choice but to despise her out of pure jealousy. Her voice seems pretty good. Not outstanding. Kind of predictable. Maybe she'll pull a few surprises out of that hair.
Andrew Garcia
He seems good although a little full of himself and bordering on tool. One quirky accessory at a time dude. Also, gauged earrings plus tattoos does not equal newsboy cap.
Tyler Grady
This guy says his idol is Jim Morrison. You don't say?? Too bad he's 19 and thinks that means he has to have a shag haircut and wear skin-tight straight leg jeans. He's going to look back on this in 10 years and just cringe.
Todrick Hall
May or may not be the dude who kept doing back tucks. That's all I got.
Aaron Kelly
Soooooo cute! He's like 16 but looks 12 and sounds like he's 30. It's a good thing he auditioned when he's young though because I'm fairly certain his cuteness is what makes him appealing, and him as a 25 year old just wouldn't be very exciting. He sings with maturity which makes him stand out because of his age. But if he were actually a mature person, he would just be another adult with a good voice. Know what Im saying? Also, him as a 25 year old will probably be a whole lot like Clay Aiken as a 25 year old. We don't need another Clay Aiken. We just..don't.
Casey James
Everytime I hear this guy's name I think Grateful Dead's Casey Jones. Yes I do know a Grateful Dead song. What of it. And by the looks of it, this guy knows some Grateful Dead too. Another guitar player. Another "hunky" dude that Kara wants to jump. So we probably have a lot of inappropriate sexual comments from her to look forward to. Yayyyy. I don't see the appeal. Haven't heard anything great from him yet. Maybe I'll get more excited if I hear an entire song. We'll see. Right now I just look at him and want to hack off his hair while he's asleep.
Alex Lambert
Hi. You're boring and your name is nearly an exact replica of Adam Lambert. Bye.
Michael Lynche
All I know of this guy is that his wife gave birth to their first child while he was in Hollywood. And AI devoted plenty of drama-fied musical montages to remind us of this on every show. Complete with shots of him crying on the telephone and pictures of his wife and baby post-birth. Sooo...I'm irritated with him by default.
Siobhan Magnus
Dear Siobhan: You have a strange name and you're wearing an old lady shirt. I've only been shown a roughly 5 second clip of you singing. But I liked it. I think I dig you.
Paige Miles
Another girl with zero screen time. I'd be so mad if I were one of these people.
Joe Munoz
Once again, zero screen time. Also, holy eyebrows.
John Park
Have to get an Asian in there I guess. Ooops is that non-PC of me?
Ashley Rodriguez
Not much screen time. But what I've seen sounded pretty good. Once again I'll have to wait and see.
Lilly Scott
I think I like her a lot. I do not like her gray hair. Is this a wig?? Or does she voluntarily color her hair this color? And why? It's a mystery to me. Kind of like men who are voluntarily bald and white men with afros. Why is your hair white 40 years prematurely? Her voice is cool though.
Jermaine Sellers
Bling!
Katie Stevens
I think this girl will be another favorite of mine. Good voice, especially for her age. And fortunately her youth doesn't make her irritating in the way of one Ms. Jordan Sparks.
Tim Urban
Tim Urban was shown zero times and is one lucky dude because he was not originally in the top 24 but has apparently replaced this dude:
Chris Golightly who was shown on last night's telecast as part of the top 24 but then was replaced by Tim Urban during the individual introductions. And thank the Lord. Because Chris Golightly looks so very frightening. Carrot Top meets Justin Guarini.
Haeley Vaughn
Emily I can't wait to hear your thoughts on this girl because I just know you either REALLY hate her or REALLY like her. Can't say exactly which way you're leaning, but I know you and I know this girl evokes some kind of strong response from you. As for me, I do not like. Whiney, whiney, whiney.
Janell Wheeler
One of my faves. Barely saw her singing but I liked what I did see:
Also, I seriously want her hair.
Whew! And there you have it. The top 24. That took just about forever.
Can't wait until next week when we can see them ALL sing. So pumped.
Also, have you been watching Lost? This season is already blowing my mind. I love it love it love it.
No comments:
Post a Comment